Monday, April 16, 2007

Drive

I like it, while your mileage may vary. (Ha! Get it? Get it?!) It's half Amazing Race, half Lost, half 100 Bullets, half Cannonball Run, and half The Prisoner. That's a lot of halves.

Any show that features Charles Martin Smith as the mysterious "Smoking Man" type guy is worth a few hours of your time. Just beware the soundtrack, which alternates between decent cover songs and some seriously emo whine-rock. I even like how Fox is handling the premiere (which isn't something you'll hear me say too often) by stretching it over two nights. Check it out.

(For the record, clearly we're all meant to be rooting for the space cowboy to win the race, but if I were a betting man my money would be on the potentially homicidal Minivan Mom. Never let her walk behind you.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$2 on Minivan Mom. She's killed, and there's no reason to believe she won't kill again!